Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sock Monsters: good for illustrating Truth


I'll admit it... I laughed out loud as I stitched my face onto this sock monster. I had a great time making this thing, and I basically whipped it together this afternoon. Next week I'll be teaching a bible class on Ephesians at Camp Blue Haven. I plan to have the girls make their own (with their faces, not mine... these aren't voodoo dolls people). We'll be using the dolls as a discussion point focusing on the truth that God lives inside of us; the God who can do more than all we ask or imagine, and it's about His power. Anyway... we'll talk about how the dolls have to stuffed with something... why not fill them with the good stuff, right? We'll also be designing our own 'armor of God' for the monsters. I hope nobody finds this sacrilegious. I'm simply being creative in my representation of the word. My grandfather didn't find the monster as humorous as I did... generation gap, maybe?

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you will going to Blue Haven! Have fun...the sock monsters will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I think it will be a good illustration. Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee hee! I want a sock monster for Nash!

    ReplyDelete