Thursday, July 2, 2009

EVERYONE has stopped blogging? What gives?

I am officially a resident of a small Texas farm town, population 2000 or so. I won't name the city for privacy reasons. This is the world wide web after all (and I wouldn't want to tip off the paparazzi), but most of you know where it is I have relocated to. All of the belongings are finally in their new place. There's still decorating to be done, but for now I am satisfied.

I have been without internet up to this point and it really hasn't been too bad, probably because I just acquired an iphone. Once again I am connected to a vast array of knowledge, some good, some bad, some productive and some highly destructive. I'll admit, life seems purer without it... and yet, here I am! What a paradox.

So here's my Top 10 list for REASONS ONE SHOULD LIVE IN SMALL TOWN, TX USA:

10) It's so quite you can hear your nose whistle
9) Fresh air
8) Fashion is not a high priority
7) There are guys like gary who tells jokes no one understands and his excuse is that he's "part retarded"
6) For at least a little while you're the mysterious new kid
5) It's quite possible to know EVERY person in town
4) No crazy nightly local news describing drug busts and murders
3) Everybody does the wave as they drive down the street
2) 12 year olds driving trucks around town
1) Restaurants called "Country Pickins" where they have fabulous beans and a stack of VHS tapes in the corner for no apparent reason.

5 comments:

  1. Sounnds like you are getting settled. GOOD - Gotta love small towns :) I haven't stopped blogging. You will have to check out some cute Abbye pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I've been meaning to do a top ten list for reasons to Ecuador...you read my mind! Now I'm more motivated, thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are the only one who has stopped blogging! Last post was in March - sheesh!

    ReplyDelete