Friday, July 10, 2009

New Stuff




My studio area is in order (by my standards). There are still several things I'd like to have and have removed from the room, but it's a great starter space. I've been racking my brain... trying to get my thoughts organized so that I can actually produce something. That can be challenging when there are virtually NO limitations. It's a bit overwhelming and I think that is one of the devils favorite tools against me. It may sound funny, but I'm going to have to pray everyday that God will keep me focused and that he will suppress the critical voice that satan uses to make me unproductive. I'm telling you... for me, this is major spiritual warfare. By all means... PRAY FOR ME!!

Here are a few things I've been working on. 2 are collages from my sketchbook. I'd like to reproduce these as large scale paintings/murals using spray paint and acrylic paint. I'm going to have to gain some spray painting skills, but I don't foresee that taking me very long. The more I think about it, I'll probably be well suited to spray painting. It is quick... and I'm all about quick production. Plus, I'd like these paintings to be appealing to non artist types, and people are often less threatened by spray paint b/c it's not 'high art'.

The painting is for Lauren. I often come back to this flower motif in which I always include a geometric form. The best I can explain is that it represents geometric vs organic. The need for both structure and chaos. The desire for structure while longing to be free. Deep, huh? I scare myself sometimes.

Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous, as always Em. I LOVE the painting of the flower! I will be expecting some similar works upon my return to the States. :-) love you....I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want the "rethink" one to hang in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen- I'll be sure to keep you updated on the progress of the actual painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your collages! That is one of my favorite mediums (media?) of art.

    Bless you, dear one.

    Latayne C Scott
    www.latayne.com

    ReplyDelete