Saturday, August 23, 2008

Peace, perfect peace.


I love photography! This is one random picture from the family photos I shot for the Estes' recently. If you'd like to see all of the them click here. We had a great time romping around the Bishop Arts District. The boys were great because their personalities are so uninhibited and they shine through so evidently in the photos.

While in Rwanda it struck me that Americans are obsessed with looking ridiculously happy in photographs. How often is that display of happiness a lie? I only say this because it's a struggle of mine. I like people to think that everything is great and wonderful and exciting. To display that my life is constantly those things is a complete lie. Let's face it, I'm just not that exciting! However, I find great peace in knowing that God is equally present in all moments of my life. He doesn't care if I'm grinning like an idiot or bawling like a baby. He is there. He is present. He is truthful. I want to be those things. Present and truthful. No masks, no fake outs. No smiles to hide the imperfection that is my humanity... that is our humanity. PEACE, PERFECT PEACE.

3 comments:

  1. oooooooohhhhh..... I LOVE the pictures of the estes'. It scared me a little, because I think that's the first time it's hit me that they are all you know....on the way to adulthood. ha! They're not BOYS any more! Anyway...Em, the pics are great! Of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- go Em! So artistic and creative you are. I luv u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that...and you're so right. I needed to read that today!

    ReplyDelete