Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I am a tree.


I have not posted in a while because my life is in transition as we speak. Summer is coming to a close and the school year is darkening my doorway. Not that I mind, but let's be honest... having free reign over your days and nights is quite the perk to say good-bye to. Tandy's wedding is also fast approaching and that's keeping me busy as well.

However... I did complete this sculpture today at in-service. It's about my personal identity. I felt like a tree growing out of a box is a good representation of me because I am always struggling to live "outside of the box" (i.e.- societies expectations). I am limited in my human thinking, so rather than obliterating the box completely, I believe God is currently allowing me to grow from the box. I painted the tree white to represent purity and the way God views me. It's made of Styrofoam insulation board and acrylic paint.

1 comment: