Monday, August 24, 2009

Thank you, Stephen.


Stephen Baldridge promised he would buy this artwork for $100,000, seeing as he is now a rich university professor. Thank you, Stephen for singlehandedly launching my artistic career. I am indebted to you eternally...

This painting was done on (45"X52") reclaimed wood (aka scrap wood I nabbed from my grandpa's wood shop) with spray paint and acrylic paint. It all started with a collage done in my sketchbook, which I posted a month or so ago on the blog. I'm pleased with the spray paint, and the overall composition of the piece. It seems to have a lot of depth in the way that it's layered. What I'm really digging is the overt social message. This is the kind of art I'm really interested in making... so, thank you Lord for bringing me this far. With His grace, hopefully I can continue to ride this creative wave.

Farewell, and good evening...

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely amazing! Emily, God has truly blessed you with a gift. I am in love with this painting. Be encouraged!

    Channelle

    ReplyDelete