Monday, August 17, 2009

New Mexican Adventures

I spent the past several weeks away from home, thus completely abandoning the blog. I've returned from my travels refreshed, encouraged, and ready to begin cranking out stunning works of art (time will tell!).

The first 2 of the 3 weeks were spent in the Sangre de Christo mountains of Northern New Mexico at Camp Blue Haven. There I was reminded that God is very evident in nature, and that mountains are majestic, and steep, and worth conquering, and yet nowhere near as big and great and awesome as the one who spoke them into existence. From there I made a pit stop in Santa Fe where I stayed in a hostel.

I was hoping to meet some colorful characters... but instead paid $18 to stay in a room by myself with 8 beds to choose from. They must have known I am a princess. :) I spent the day bashing around the city looking at art. Some of it was good and some of it was bad. I am also proud to say that I was reprimanded by a local for giving a 'pan-handler' 20 cents. She informed me that he probably makes more money than I do, about $60,000 a year. Hey lady, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em... that's all I have to say about that. :)

I made a quick stop in Lubbock to see some fabulous friends and then spent the last week in Dallas. I had hoped to acquire a fine furry best friend (dog), but it didn't work out. Apparently I am truly meant to be foot-loose-and-fancy-free. I'm back home on the farm and with 3 weeks full of great experiences from which to gain inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment