Friday, August 21, 2009

Remembering Rwanda Part Deaux


Visions of certain photographs done in arbitrary color schemes seem to come to my mind often. I though it would be interesting to take this composition and try it in several different color schemes. I've decided color is my thing. Perhaps that's why I love much of the art that has come out of Mexico. Traditionally speaking, color has been used extravagantly by the Mexican culture. Then again, I suppose color can be subtile and still classify as extravagant. Needless to say, color matters. I used to think it was alright to use the colors I was visually attracted to and hope it all came out right. I have learned that color theory is DIFFICULT and using color well is a refined talent. I don't think I'm there yet, but it's the path I'm currently walking. I know I'll continue to learn as I experiment.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention that I love the hands in both the drawing and painting of this photograph. Their placement is perfect. It adds so much meaning and feeling to the image.

    ReplyDelete