Thursday, October 30, 2008

So... I'm the WINNER! (and other sugar skull non-sense)


Ha ha. I found out a few weeks ago that I did receive the Teacher of the Year award. CRAZY! I was very honored and shocked. It seems humorous to me in light of the fact that I'm not planning to return next year. None-the-less, God is good and it's all because of Him that I've made it this far in wild and wooly world of public education.

On a completely random unrelated note... I made sugar skulls earlier this evening! I'm having a Dia De Los Muertos party on Saturday night. We're going to decorate the skulls which is part of the holiday tradition. I would have taken a picture to accompany this post, but alas, I left my camera at school. I'll be sure to take photos after they're decorated. I snagged this photo from the web link up above.

Adios!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Miss S! Congrats!!! I hope your party for the dead is fun! I can only imagine that it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, EM! Way to go! Ant and I both say congratulations on such an amazing accomplishment. You deserve it and yes, God is good! Can't wait to see those creative Muertos skulls.. :)

    ReplyDelete