Saturday, September 6, 2008

Psalm 119: 145-152

With my whole heart I cry; answer me,
O Lord!
I will keep your statutes.
I call to you; save me,
that I may observe your testimonies,
I raise before dawn and cry for help;
I hope in your words.
My eyes are awake before the watches
of the night,
that I may meditate on your promise.
Hear my voice according to your steadfast love;
O Lord, according to your justice
give me life.
They draw near who persecute me with evil purpose;
they are far from your law.
But you are near, O Lord,
and all your commandments are true.
Long have I known from your
testimonies
that you have founded them forever.


For the first time in my life I have set my pride aside and allowed myself to audibly call on God to save me. I am so stubborn. I am such a control freak. I am so independent. The fact of the matter is I've been living in a prison! God wants me to be free in him. He wants me to seek him with a passion that I never have before. I am calling out to him with my whole heart. I believe that this is the LAST thing the enemy wants me to do... which causes me to call on God all the more for protection. I want to live a life that speaks the truth that nothing is impossible with God. I suck at submission, so that fact God has brought me this far is a testimony to his glory and grace.

He is giving me new freedom... new hunger for an intimate relationship with him... the possibility experiencing miracles in everyday life, things that seem impossible coming true. I am so thankful for His patients and His steadfast love.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog!! What an inspiration to me today. I am constantly struggling with just letting God do His thing in my life, it seems so much easier to try to control everything myself. But, when I do give a situation up to the Lord, He always pulls me through with flying colors. What a blessing your words were to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily. I am reading your blog for the first time. You are a wonderful writer. It was good to find you here!

    ReplyDelete